Thursday, 15 May 2014

You Can Play . . .

A few weeks back I received an email through this blog from Alex Sanz of the Associated Press.  He had seen a photo I posted of the 2012 Vancouver Pride Parade and asked if he could use the photo in an article he was writing on the You Can Play Project.  He was interested in the picture because it contained two of the feature interviewees of his article, Manny Malhotra and Patrick Burke.
 
The You Can Play Project is a campaign dedicated to the eradication of homophobia in sports.  It's premise is centered around the slogan, "If you can play, you can play."
 
 
 
I supplied Alex with two photos and they can be seen on his YouTube article published today:

 
On another note, I was truly showing my age today when Alex sent me the link to his "article".  My response before checking it out was: "I look forward to reading it".  LOL.
 
I'm not that interested in professional sports but I now know, if you can play, you can play . . .  

4 comments:

  1. Coolness! I've been supporting You Can Play since its inception, and wear YCP gear to the gym and other places. It's a decent conversation starter, and a way to help people realize that bullying and homophobia is wrong without getting into the whole marriage debate which around here is not a place you want to go!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stop by regularly; I was glad to see you posting ! And what a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dr Spo. I think of things to write everyday. But, its usually when I'm in the middle of doing something that I can't stop (like driving to work). I need to get myself a recorder (and hope the police don't catch me using an "electronic device").

      Delete