Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Happy New Year . . .

 
My wish for you is that 2014 is everything that you want it to be . . .
 
In retrospect, my 2013 was pretty darn good.  In fact, it was a 1,000 times better than my 2012.  In the past year: I started the year living in a new home, my divorce was finalized, I went on a few trips, things at work settled down (although they are started getting weird again toward the end of the year), and Bill and I co-habitated for pretty much the last quarter of the year (although it was unfortunately because of his health).  So, all in all, a good year from my perspective.
 
We finished the old year with Bill, my sons and I drinking some bubbly while watching Ryan Seacrest and Jenna McCarthy (and unfortunately Miley Cyrus) usher in the new.  The kids had mostly fallen asleep but I woke them in time for the countdown.  I thought young people had more staying power than this!!
 
The new year promises much change and excitement.  The biggest change(s) is that Bill is retiring and he's moving in with me permanently.  We're both looking so forward to this.  It means a lot of work, each downsizing our own "collections of life" and consolidating into one place.  It also means getting his house ready for sale.  As Martha says: "It's a good thing".
 
So, wherever you are, here's to a Happy New Year . . .

6 comments:

  1. Wishes for health, contentment and growth in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will . . . and to you as well . . !

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've got a busy year ahead! Good luck!

    Happy New Year, Mike!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay . . . Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  3. and a marriage in 2014 as well! what an exciting year it is to be for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is truly exciting Dr Spo although we haven't decided if we're setting the date for this summer or next . . . :-)

      Delete