Saturday, 28 September 2013

I’m guilty of neglect . . .


Guilty of neglecting this blog, that is.  
 
It’s true, I have not been active in the blogosphere for some time.  Why?  Not sure.  Time is a huge factor.  There seem to be so many demands on my time that something had to give.  Blogging for one.  Also, I seem to have lost my voice.  I mean, I seem to have run out of things to say.  Yet there are so many things to talk about.  It appears that I focussed most of my time for social media on Facebook.  That seems to be waning now as well.  Hmmm . . .
 
I did have a look at my blogroll the other evening.  It occurred to me that I should probably remove inactive and broken blog links.  I was amazed at how many had gone “private”, had been deleted or had simply stripped out all content.  I removed any over 6 months out of date.  I guess I’m not the only one guilty of neglect. 
I’ll be keeping mine open because I really enjoyed writing it (even though the thought of stripping it bare had also occurred to me for security reasons).  I’ve made some really neat connections too (with many of those doubly connected on FB).
Maybe I need the long, dark nights of winter to get back at it.  I doubt I can remain too long, guilty of neglect . . .

3 comments:

  1. I think this happens quite a bit, Mike. We all wind up distracted, busy, find new interests...heck, life gets in the way! You've been missed, but not forgotten!

    I, too, cull my blogroll periodically. Same reasons as you. The list gets so long, that it pushes everything else down and out of the way. Plus, after 6 months, I don't think they're coming back.

    Be nice if you came back!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes widened and my countenance broke open with the radiance of a brilliant sunrise when I swept by (as I do regularly) to see you have posted !!!
    I hope you will be more regular now ? Please !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see that you are back. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete